Tochka-U high-precision tactical ballistic missile system
The Tochka-U high-precision missile system is intended for effective destruction of priority smalls-size and area targets in the tactical depth of enemy formations round the clock, in any weather and season:
- large command centres and control posts;
- communications centres;
- electronic warfare units;
- air defence, ATBM and Air Force assets;
- major concentration of enemy troops.
- missile with a fragmentation or blast & fragmentation warhead;
- transporter-erector-launcher (TEL);
- transloader vehicle (TLV);
- transportation vehicle (TV);
- automated test vehicle (ATV);
- maintenance vehicle (MV);
- depot equipment set (DES);
- training aids.
The missile has a single-stage solid-propellant motor and an inseparable warhead, is guided throughout its flight.
The TEL provides for:
- missile warhead interchange;
- co-ordinate finding of the own location;
- pre-launch missile check and aiming;
- calculation of flight mission data;
- missile launch from an unorganised position from inside the TEL cab or from a trench using a remote control panel.
The automated test vehicle is used to check all missile systems and localize faulty units/modules.
The transloader vehicle is intended for missile transportation, loading/unloading and attachment of missiles and warheads.
The maintenance vehicle is designed for servicing TEL and ATV equipment, autonomous checks of devices and their repair.
The transportation vehicle carries and stores one or two containerised missiles or up to four containerised warheads.
| Launch preparation time, min.:
from Readiness No.1
from travelling position
|TEL, TLV chassis||Three-axle, cross-country, amphibious|
| Maximum TEL, TLV speed, km/h:
|TEL, TLV fuel range (fully loaded), km||650|
|CV kilometrage life, km||15,000|
|Operating temperature range, deg.C||From minus 40 to +50|
|Service life, years||10 at the least, incl. 3 years in the field|