KONUS universal complex simulator for IGLA-type MANPADS gunners
- training of gunners in employment of combat equipment (CE) of Igla type MANPADS, Dzhigit support launching unit (SLU), Strelets set of control equipment and launch modules (SEM);
- training of gunners for maintaining and improving acquired skills.
- CE simulator (selected by the customer for Igla-1, Igla, Igla-S, 203-OPU Dzhigit SLU, Strelets SEM with the appropriate software);
- screen system (screen, projectors, acoustic subsystem);
- hardware system (computers, network hubs);
- instructor's workstation (monitors, printer, keyboard, emulator);
- set of cables.
- overall dimensions: 11,200 by 9200 by 3800 mm;
- field of regard:
- azimuth: 192˚;
- elevation: 60˚;
- power supply: 220 VAC/50 Hz/5 kW;
- maximum number of simulated launches in an hour: 40;
- setup time of deployed simulator: 15 minutes;
- operating personnel: 1 person;
- time of continuous operation: 8 hours;
- room temperature: +5 till +35˚ C.
- operation of one CE simulator running the appropriate software
- target detection, determination of the type, estimation of the crossover range, height, and speed of a simulated target;
- estimation of launch envelope boundaries for engagement of both receding and approaching targets;
- provision for activities required at target detection, tracking, lock-on, missile launch in automatic and manual mode for head-on and tail-chase engagements;
- setting various launch conditions: absence/presence of target manoeuvre, infrared (IR) decoys, modulated jamming, background clutter (sun radiation, clouds), moving platform (vehicle, tank, APC, ship), environment/terrain features/types;
- multiple repetition by the gunner of most complicated pre-launch and launch actions under the instructor's supervision;
- control and evaluation of trainees' activities during training incl. analysis of a performed training session with its playback;
- automatic evaluation of the trainee's performance during electronic test launches;
- documentation of training statistics.
Simulators supplied as a part of systems produced by JSC "RPC "KBM"